Clay Tile Roofing
Withstanding the tests of time
Clay Tile Roofing: Withstanding the tests of time
For thousands of years, clay has been a popular construction material due to its durability and insulation properties – ancient clay artifacts are still being dug up today. Additionally clay tiles come in a variety of styles to choose from.
Clay has been used throughout the ages as a reliable roofing material. Countless historical archaeological sites around the globe have produced many examples of clay and these artefacts have illustrated just how durable and long-lived clay products are. The materials can be fashioned into tiles of many different shapes, sizes, colours and styles.
Save money on your energy bills
Reflecting heat in the summer and insulating your property in the winter, clay tile roofing is ideal if you want to cut your energy bills.
Additionally clay roofing is able to withstand most of what nature throws at it. Be advised that if you live in a particularly wet area that it is a good idea to ensure the roof deck is properly sealed. Also ensure that your property structure is strong enough to build upon.
Advantages of Clay Tiles
- Long-lasting – A tile roof can last over 100 years, especially when installed in the correct climate. Clay tile roofs are extremely weather-resistant and can withstand hail, high winds and even fire. Once you install clay tiles you will never have to install another type of roofing ever again.
- They are impervious to rot and insect damage: Unlike wood, tile roofs will never decay.
- Environmentally friendly: Tile roofs are made from earth material, not chemicals which means they can be pulverised and recycled when they are removed.
- Energy-efficient: The heavy thermal mass tiles will help regulate indoor temperatures.
- Low maintenance: With clay, tile leaks are almost unheard of and it is very rare for tile roofs to require repairs or maintenance unless they break due to heavy impact.
- Style choices: Clay slate tiles come in a wide variety of colours and styles to match any home style, from traditional to contemporary.
The main advantages which are most appealing to clients are the fact that tiled roofs are fireproof. This fact made them an extremely popular for roofs following the famous Great Fire of London and many other conflagrations around the world. Clay roof tiles are also completely impervious to types of rot, mould and water damage that tend to destroy inferior roofing materials.
Preparation & Installation
Clay tiles are also a lot lighter than their concrete counterparts at a weight of between 30-65kg per m2. This is also an important point to remember when taking into account the amount of rainwater retention over a long period.
Preparing and installing a clay tile roof is a job for experienced experts; every aspect is critical and exacting from the manufacturing of the tile to the attachment of the tile. It is extremely important to ensure that a professional prepares and installs your roof for you to prevent accidents and also potentially a more expensive fix in the future.
Guaranteed for up to 10 years
All clay tile roofs come with up to a 10 year guarantee, backed by the NFRC. Call us to find out more details.
Get your free consultation for a clay tile roof in Bristol today