Solar panels are a great way to cut your electricity bills and reduce your carbon footprint.
Here at The Roofing Company Bristol, we can install solar panels into your home. They will enable you to produce your own clean and efficient electricity. Based in Bristol, our expert team has over half a decade of experience in both commercial and domestic roofing and can provide a high-quality service for an affordable price.
What Are Solar Panels?
Solar panels are devices installed onto the roof of your home, which convert light into electricity. This electricity can then be used to run household appliances and lighting.
How Do Solar Panels Work?
Solar panels are an environmentally friendly way of producing electricity for your home. The electricity produced by your solar panels will be used to power any appliances currently used inside your home and any electricity which is not used will be sent on to the National Grid.
Essentially, solar panels work by producing extra energy which gets used by you or sent to the National Grid.
Why Choose Solar Panels?
Some of the main advantages of solar panels include:
- High Savings – Save more on your electricity bills. Sunlight is free, so once you’ve paid for the initial installation, your electricity costs will be reduced.
- Renewable Source of Energy
- Energy Benefits – You will be able to sell the electricity you produce in surplus back to the National Grid.
- Low Carbon Footprint – Solar electricity is green renewable energy and doesn’t release any harmful carbon dioxide or other pollutants. A typical home solar panel system could save around1.3 to 1.6 tonnes of carbon per year (depending on where you live in the UK).
- Easy to Maintain – Trees should not overshadow the solar panels so they can absorb sunlight and stay clean.
- Easy Replacement – If you already own a conventional heating system, it is easy to make the switch to solar panels.
- Long Life Span – Solar panels can last up to 25 years or more with proper care and maintenance.
- Property Value – Solar panels increase the value of your property in the future for being a self-sufficient home.
- A Silent System – Your solar panels will not make any noise.
Do Solar Panels Need Direct Sunlight to Work?
Even though maximum efficiency will be reached when the sun is shining, solar panels will still produce energy even on cloudy days and during winter.
Do I Have to Switch on My Solar Panels Each Day?
No, your solar panels will always be on and collecting energy.
Do I Need Planning Permission for Solar Panels?
You generally don’t need planning permission for solar panels. However, if you live in a conservation area or a listed building you should check with your local government first. Also, if your solar panels will be visible from the roadside of a property, you may need to apply for planning permission.
Generally, it’s best to check with your local council planning officer if you’re not sure.
Solar Panels Bristol
So, if you’re searching for ‘solar panels Bristol’ look no further than The Roofing Company Bristol.
We offer a range of different high-quality roofing services all at an affordable price, without compromising on quality. For over 50 years we have offered our expert roofing services to local authorities, housing authorities, schools, businesses and homeowners, so no matter what size the project you have planned is, we’ll be more than happy to help.
For more information, give us a call on 0117 950 2620 and we’ll be more than happy to discuss your requirements and answer any questions you may have.
Jack McGivern works for Roofing Company Bristol Ltd as a marketing specialist